Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Where Steve Nash Happens



Here is the Steve Nash spot from the NBA's "Where Amazing Happens" campaign. It cleverly uses the car's navigation lady to detail Steve Nash's path to success. A good idea by the NBA to use one of their most popular and marketable (meaning white) players. I love this one, although I can that it may fall under the "what the hell was that advertising?" category. B.

THE MOUTH:

I love Steve Nash, but I don't like this commercial much. I don't think using that navigation system to tell the story is all that clever--although it works with "where you have arrived happens." I hate that robot navigation voice in cars and this doesn't really do anything to diminish that. "You are now receiving your 2nd MVP" is possibly the worst line. The style is interesting, but doesn't seem to match the character of the NBA or the other spots in this campaign. C-.

No comments: