Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Weight Watchers, Stop Dieting: B



I'm not sure what draws me to these. I'm not fat (although I am getting a small unattractive belly). I'm not planning to be fat. And when I do get fat, well, I'll most likely embrace my beautiful fatness. For some reason I like 'em. The lines aren't even that great; the other lines are barely worth mentioning. I guess I'm intrigued by the tagline and the overall idea.

Stop Dieting. Start Living.

Now, I haven't read the small type on any of these posters--maybe I'm not that interested--but I was under the impression that Weight Watchers was some sort of diet. I'm guessing they claim that watching your calorie intake, or eating healthier, is not necessarily a diet. In fact, their website brazenly states, "Weight Watchers works because it's not a diet." False. Wrong. Lie. Here is a common definintion of diet: To eat and drink according to a regulated system, especially so as to lose weight or control a medical condition. That could almost be the exact definition of Weight Watchers. A regulated system of eating to help you lose weight.

Getting my attention: success. Telling the truth: failure.

And now a word from The Hawk:

I haven't been honored by the presence of these ads, so I probably don't have enough information, but... they seem annoying. Intriguing though, I suppose. I'll take the cop out though, and go with C.

1 comment:

The Hawk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.