Thursday, December 20, 2007

#7 Creativity's Most Viewed--Halo 3, Combat: B-



Creativity has a real hard-on for Halo 3. I'm surprised this was #7 on their list of most viewed, considering I had never seen nor heard of it. The video I found on YouTube only had around 6,500 views, compared to the 3-4 million views "Believe" has. The short was created by Neill Blomkamp, the director who started making the actual Halo movie (which was slated for release in 2009, but is now apparently dead in the water).

He accomlished his goal of making it "feel like the most brutal, real version of science fiction in a war environment that you've seen in a while." The problem is, it doesn't make me want to play the game; it makes me want to see the movie. So the director succeeded in making an ad for his derailed movie, but failed in making an ad for the game. The real-life action and cgi aliens are so good they make the game seem like crap.

Here's a link to the interview about the commercial and movie.

1 comment:

The Hawk said...

This IS a movie... too long! Unrated, as I didn't even finish it. Maybe that makes it an F.