Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Navy, The Drones: D-

First, I'm of the opinion that only previews for upcoming films should be shown in theaters prior to a movie. But since that idea has clearly gone the way of the dinosaur, I'm now of the opinion that only really entertaining, cinematic ads should be shown. If you show me something that I normally see on television, it makes me hate your brand. That being said, this Navy commercial was not anything I've seen before--thankfully. Hence, I did not give it an F like I wanted to.



Is it supposed to be funny? A mock 70's commercial detailing the function of Navy weapons? Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's nothing really funny about being in the Navy (aside from those little sailor hats). Are you trying to trick people into thinking the Navy is a big joke? That you play with fun toys? Or is the message these things fight for you, so you're less likely to die... What's next, an Army recruiting ad featuring a musical number set in Guantanamo?

And, "Filmed entirely on location whereever freedom is being protected" ?

Someone should lose their job for this.

1 comment:

The Hawk said...

I'm more neutral towards this one, although your own rant slants me towards negativity. C- And I need to make sure I watch these before reading your review!