Monday, December 17, 2007

#10 Creativity's Most Viewed--Skittles, Stable: D+

Creativity Magazine is rolling out their ten most viewed ads of 2007. We'll be rating each as it comes out. Number 10 on the list was the Skittles "Stable" spot:



Generally, I love Skittles advertising. They some up with some of the strangest shit you'll ever see and somehow make it relevant to candy. But this one, though funny, is just too strange. Skittles are a food. You put them in your mouth, so in my opinion, the advertising should not make you feel sick to your stomach. While the acting is good and the spot is funny overall, that machine suckling away at that old man's bare chest is terrible. I have the same reaction to that as to someone sticking their finger in my belly button...nausea. Not what you want people to feel when they think about your food.

1 comment:

The Hawk said...

I don't get it. Bad. D.