Friday, December 14, 2007

Cingular, Dropped Call: A

The whole series of these is pretty good. The premise, that shoddy cellular service can lead to awkward conversations rings very true. I can't tell you how many times I either think I'm talking to dead air and stop to make sure someone is there, or continue talking for a few minutes after a call has been dropped. It's one of the reasons I've developed a serious aversion to talking on the phone.

The situations they've come up with are generally pretty funny and the writing and acting feels very natural. I will say that it's getting to the point where you can tell they're reaching for the next one. They should probably wrap this campaign up soon. But it's hard for a client to walk away from something that has been successful (see Mastercard priceless campaign).



Butcher: A+
Great casting. I love "I mean look at us, we probably weight the..."



Raw Meat: B+



Two Day Rule: A



Earl Got Your Tongue: B-



Flowers: B



Manager: B+
"There's a new sheriff in town."



Roger Clemens: B-
Feels a little forced.

And the original, with "Jimmy crack corn" is probably a B+.

1 comment:

The Hawk said...

I definitely agree with the overall grade, but have to mention my favorite one by far is "Earl got your tongue?"

Get it? Earl got your tongue? Genius. And what a cute couple.