Monday, December 17, 2007

Walk Hard, Block Hard: F

In a bit of "non-traditional" advertising, to introduce tonight's Monday Night Football game, they featured John C. Reilly singing a spoof of the song from his spoof movie. In the movie, the song is apparently "Walk Hard." So in the spoof they made it "Block Hard." Get it? Football? Block? Wokka wokka wokka.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the character in question is named Cox...so he's talking about blocking Cox, Cox blocking. Cock blocking. Again, very clever of them to slip that by whoever was in charge. The problem is, the song sucks. And since it's going to be the lead song in the movie, that means I'd have to listen to it a lot. So instead of enticing me to go see the movie, this move basically re-enforced my opinion that the movie is going to be terrible.

Here's the actual trailer:



Don't go see it.

1 comment:

The Hawk said...

Partner, you're acting like an old codger on this one. How can you hate on great actor finally getting his own comedic vehicle? I can't vouch for how good or bad the actual movie is, but I do want to see it. I never go to see movies though, so perhaps I'll never know.

A.