Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dwyane Wade Converse: D



This commercial is supposed to be soooooooooo introspective and make you think, "Man, that shit is deep, son!".

But it makes me feel like I'm watching something I should not be privy to. It makes me feel uncomfortable. Maybe what D-Wade does behind closed doors in an NBA arena should remain between himself and the 20,000+ seats.

Also, this is a good ad for... Dwyane Wade. But what product is this for, again? Is it for an indie flick? A documentary? D-Wade's audition for Michael Buffer's job?

1 comment:

the mouth said...

Yeah, I just can't get behind this one. First, every time I see it, I stop paying attention while he's walking out onto the court, so I actually had to rewatch it to see what he says into the mic.

Second, that's not really what Wade is about, in my opinion. He's hard working, gritty and fun--not elegant and self-serving. This one totally missed the mark.

Grade: E