Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Lifesavers, Muffin Top: B+



"Do you know what a muffin top means?"

Visually defining the term "muffin top" without having to spell out why it's funny is the brilliant part of this spot. We've all seen them. Sometimes they're unattractive; but there's something strangely compelling about a girl squeezing into jeans that don't quite fit. That soft little roll squishing out from the tight suffocating denim. I want to pinch it, bite it, chew on it.

Overall, I don't know that it makes me want Lifesavers, and I barely even buy "it's good to be sweet." But muffin tops are great.

And the guy is tying fly lures? Huh.

2 comments:

The Hawk said...

I was too busy looking at her muffin top to even know what was being advertised... and isn't that the goal? A decent youtube clip... a bad ad.

F.

the mouth said...

I respect your criteria for judging ads, but disagree with your grade.