Sunday, February 3, 2008

Budweiser -- Rocky Clydesdale -- A+



While Bud Light was represented in several Super Bowl spots, Budweiser went with quality over quantity, and this might have been my favorite ad of the night. It's outstanding. Whereas Audi butchered an American classic, The Godfather, Budweiser took an American classic, Rocky, and stayed true to its spirit. The end result is commercial goodness. I sort of wished they hadn't had the dap scene at the end, but that's nit-picking. A+.

The Mouth:

Borrowed interest. Nice work, you thought of a commercial where a horse trains like Rocky. I know Budweiser is associated with those clydesdales, but in reality, I don't really care about that at all. In fact, I kind of hate those uppity horses with their wispy white hoof-hair. The horse commercial where the zebra is the referee set the bar pretty high and this doesn't even come close. Although I do like that they named the horse Hank. How can Hank compete with Thunder? C.

No comments: