Sunday, February 3, 2008

Pepsi -- Justin Timberlake: "Childish and immature"



The Mouth:
Is it just me, or is there something gratifying about watching Justin Timberlake get smashed into things and dragged down the street? Call it jealousy--because that would be accurate. I'm surprised they included the part where he freezes outside the window of the shirtless guy in a wig. Creepy and funny, but not something I expected to see from Pepsi. Seems like someone in some meeting would have given that part the axe. And when he gets cracked in the head by a flat-panel TV, that reminds me how much I love TVs. Who's bringing sexy back now, bitch? And how hard must it have been not to label this the "sucking Justin" ad. I'm just saying...

I get the overall message loud and clear: with every drink you're closer to Pepsi Stuff. B+.

The Hawk:
I mean, to quote the great Dennis Green, "It is what I thought it was!" JT starts right off by saying it's childish and immature, and I'll be damned if he ain't right. Throughout the ad I DON'T get it, and I'm too irritated by the end to care about whatever dumb point they are trying to prove. Nothing like a good crotch joke to really ratchet up the creativity! And isn't he supposed to be sexy and cool and not a straight cornball? F.

No comments: