Sunday, February 3, 2008

GoDaddy.com -- Danica Patrick Teaser -- D+



The Mouth:
This commercial took me through a range of emotions. First, I thought it was terrible. I hate commercials that are self-aware, so when that guy says "I used to watch...for the commercials," I throw up in my mouth a bit. And when the whole party runs over to the monitor, the cheese factor goes through the roof. But wait, I thought, they're running a sexy Danica Patrick ad on their website. Brilliant. I just got done saying how they should never have strayed from their proven tits-sell strategy. And then I went to the website and saw this:



Awful. Nothing makes a man angrier than going somewhere with the expectation of seeing some tits and then seeing no tits at all. The old bait and switch is never appreciated. And the beaver bit is stolen from--and doesn't even compare to--these Molsen Canadian ads:


Chasing Beaver: A


Scoring Beaver: A
Furry, soft, trimmed.

GoDaddy.com really let me down, although I have to give them some points for trickery. D+.

The Hawk:
I pretty much hated this, but the telling factor would be how many people visit the site? Since the site is their business, if this drove traffic, it was a success. Now, anyone who stopped and thought about it would realize Danica Patrick is not getting naked in a million years, and would not have visited. The beaver aspect was only mildly amusing. I'll agree with D+, unless someone shows me some web traffic stats.

No comments: