Sunday, February 3, 2008

Garmin -- Napoleon's Army



The Mouth:
The music drives, the suspense builds, it's a mystery...who is driving this little car? The headless horseman? A ghost? A baby? Or maybe the car is driving itself? From the beginning it caught my interest and I was surprised--though not really excited--when Napoleon stepped out of the car. I don't know if it really sells the Garmin device effectively. We had a Garmin the last time I traveled and it wasn't all that great. Overall the ad was pretty good--and they capitalized on the growing popularity of the mini-horse! Unless that was a pony. B-.

The Hawk:
I didn't get this one. Napoleon? Huh? Was this targeting the large foreign audience tuning into the Super Bowl? Somehow I don't see the American masses finding this interesting. The music annoys me, as well. At least the show their device being used, effectively. D.

No comments: