Sunday, February 3, 2008

T-Moblie -- D-Wade makes Charles' Fav Five!



A week or so ago, T-Mobile released the above trailer-style ad as a build-up to the main event, to be shown during the Super Bowl. I've loved this campaign from the beginning, and this is more of the same. They make a great trailer, using an authentic voice-over guy and flashing the date at the end trailer-style. The best part is when Barkley's voice is echoed, saying "My fav five".

The Mouth:

I could have done without the trailer. I know the story and I'm not any more interested because of it. The only thing it made me think about was how god-awful the Miami Heat are this year. Eat it, Wade.



And then the moment we've all been waiting for... D-Wade makes Chuck's Fav Five, and gets more than he could've ever asked for! "Do like popsicles?" "It's only 2 o'clock here." "That's why I don't eat shrimp." Hilarious. A perfect encore to a great overall campaign. A+.

The Mouth:

I love Barkley and I like Wade, so this starts off with a lot of positives. The previous campaign has been good and I think this is a great payoff. "You're not driving through no tunnel." My only critique is that I still don't believe in the value of a fav five, what the hell does it do? Free calling to those five people? Their pictures on whatever you call that initial screen your phone stays on? Someone please tell me. That's not enough for me to downgrade it much, though. A-.

No comments: