Sunday, February 3, 2008

NFL Story - Mr Oboe



The Mouth:
Oboe fans around the world were going crazy; someone was finally giving their instrument some love. But no. The point of this is not that playing the oboe is a respected and rewarding experience. The point is that if you're a giant black man, your dream must be to play professional sports. I mean, can you imagine a large person with dark skin wanting a normal life and simply enjoying playing his instrument?

That being said, I love football, I love the NFL and this was a nice story. B.

The Hawk:
I like this one. It's like a good "based on a true story" movie; it contains all of the facts with enough flare added to keep it interesting. Salaam tells the story in a funny way, and I love when the coach says "You play the oboe". Funny, heart-warming, and completely unnecessary since the Super Bowl and the NFL already has a kajillion viewers. B-

No comments: