Sunday, February 3, 2008

Tide Stain Stick -- Talking Stain



The Mouth:

Outstanding. I laughed as soon as the stain started talking and didn't stop until the end. I sort of expected something like that to happen once I saw the large stain on the shirt, but the gibberish-sounding voice and the way it caused you to completely disregard everything he was saying, and the fact that the longer it went, the more excited the stain got struck my funny. I thought the point was going to be that your stains say enough about you, so "Silence the stain" wasn't entirely expected. The fact that Tide put out a Super Bowl ad--and not just any ad, but one that can compete for one of the best--that was a surprise. I can watch this over and over again.

Then, in addition, you can go to mytalkingstain.com and upload your own stain face and talking stain voice. Not exactly changing the world of advertising, but a fun, easy way to get users involved with your brand. Ashabashabashabash. A.

The Hawk:
I did not find this ad funny at all, but I did find it interesting, and it kept my interest. The main problem with this one, for me, is I still initially think it is for a job site like Monster or CareerBuilder, as I did the first time I saw it, until I'm reminded it's for the Stain Stick. Overall, a nice creative Super Bowl ad without going too far over-the-top. B-.

No comments: